Can the court order the sale of property although my ex wife filed bankruptcy? 3 Answers as of April 28, 2011

I divorced in the state of LA in 2009. I have community property that has not been partitioned in the state of CA and FL. However, my ex wife has filed bankruptcy. How can Is it possible to partition? We are upside down on the property and I would really like to short sale the property. She want sign a quit claim deed, can i get the court to order a sale of the property?

The real property is property of the bankruptcy trustee, only they can consent to the sale, however you can put the deal together now.
Goldberg Jones
Goldberg Jones | Zephyr Hill
That is probably an issue for the State of LA. You will need to contact an attorney there.
You have to ask the bankruptcy court for permission to sell assets that are part of the bankruptcy estate.