Can a court appointed attorney be fired? 1 Answers as of March 09, 2011

Last December my daughter, 3 other people, and myself were pulled over in Wichita. The police never gave a reason for pulling us over. When they asked her if they could search the vehicle, my daughter said no. They searched anyway. My daughter lived at that time with her grandmother. The car title, and registration are in both her and her grandmothers name. When they searched they found her grandmothers hydrocodones which are prescribed, but had no label. So they arrested her for felony possession of a narcotic and felony no tax stamp. Her attorney said he filed a motion for dismiss, but never told us we were supposed to be there or when it was. He called no one for witnesses & now says it is too late and talked her out of jury. Can we fire him? Is it too late?

Yes, any attorney can be fired. A court appointed attorney can be fired just as a paid attorney can.