Can cops search my home if they think I'm on parole? 12 Answers as of April 17, 2013

But I'm not on parole.

Law Office of Paul Carmouche | Paul J Carmouche
Even if you were on parole the police would need some probable cause to search your home, so the fact that you were not on parole the police are not entitled to search your home without a warrant or unless some limited facts allowed the police to have good reason to believe that evidence of illegal contraband was in the home.
They should not search your residence. Tell them to ascertain your parole status before admitting them into your place, or have them get a search warrant before allowing them into your place.
Why would they think you are on parole? Lawrence.
NO you have to be on parole before the parole officer can search your house, without a warrant.
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
Police need either probable cause or consent to search. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.
    No. Cannot search as no consent.
    Law office of Robert D. Scott | Robert Scott
    Police need a search warrant to search one's home unless they witnessed a felony being committed in the home.
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    No.
    You are clearly asking a question about a potentially illegal search, and it is impossible answer that question without additional details. I do believe you have raised an issue and recommend that you call my offices or another attorney as quickly as possible. In the meantime you should not converse with the police or any other investigative authorities before you receive counsel.
    Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
    It would be illegal for the police to search your home based on the mistaken assertion that you are on parole or probation (unless they had a warrant).
    I must be missing something... why do they think you are on parole? I can't answer your question.
    The Law Offices of Seth D. Schraier
    The Law Offices of Seth D. Schraier | Seth D. Schraier
    If the cops have probable cause to believe you are on parole then they can search your house. However, if it is later shown that you were not on parole when the cops came to search, then it is likely that if they found any criminal evidence it would be thrown out from being used against you.