Can a contract be canceled within 3 business day if I no longer want it and how do i go about getting back my money? 2 Answers as of April 25, 2014

This is a company that promised auditions for kids. I researched them and discovered they scam people and don't actually send kids out to auditions. I left a deposit. According to online search people that have been scam, stated they have been told they can't cancel due to receiving partial sponsorship. The contract state to cancel within 3 business day; but the sponsorship said you waived cancellation right. They are not contract here but in California or Illinois. I deposit money and the rest was to be taken out from my credit card at a later date. Am I bound to this contract? Others said they were told they can't cancel due to the fact that they received partial sponsorship.

B. Casey Yim | B. Casey Yim
Did you submit a cancellation notice within the 3 days? What happened to that?
Lawyer for Independent Media
Lawyer for Independent Media | Sue Basko
Both Illinois and California have laws that make it illegal to operate a talent agency without a state license. Companies that have such licenses do not allow these kinds of scams. You should tell them and write them that you are canceling and demand your full refund. Also, in California, report the business to the Department of Labor and to the Attorney General. There are complaint forms online if you Google. In Illinois, report this to the Illinois Attorney General and also to the Department of Business Licensing. In the state where you are, if that is a different state, do the same type of reporting. All this reporting will take some time, but it will be worth it.