Can a conditional green card holder based on spouse petition file petition for his unmarried son under 21 years old? 5 Answers as of September 04, 2014

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Kriezelman, Burton & Associates | Matthew Scott Kriezelman
Yes, he may file an I-130 visa petition for him. However, USCIS may hold up final approval of the petition until the conditions are removed from the "green card."
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 9/4/2014
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
Yes, but it would be faster for your spouse to petition for him gild he was under 18 at the time of marriage.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/3/2014
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny | Svetlana Boukhny
Yes but it would be much faster if your US citizen spouse petition for your child since that would be considered an immediate relative petition and not subject to any priority date backlogs.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/3/2014
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC | Myron Morales
Yes, but your spouse who sponsored you can also sponsor the minor son. That would be faster and easier.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 9/3/2014
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
Generally, yes. And, better yet, if eligible, the USA step-parent could file and it's years faster.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 9/3/2014
Click to View More Answers: