Can a company turn me in to collections? 2 Answers as of August 13, 2011

If you have an outstanding bill to a company that you signed a contract on, and you are making small payments on, can they turn you in to collections?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of John C. Farrell, Jr.
Law Office of John C. Farrell, Jr. | John C. Farrell, Jr.
Yes they can and they will. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense because you are demonstrating good faith but creditors typically don't use a lot of common sense anymore. You should probably call them to see if you can work out a settlement of some sorts.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 8/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: