Can a citizen sponser someone to come to the US? 6 Answers as of December 16, 2010

Would I be able to sponsor someone to come to the US if I am a US citizen?

In short, the answer is yes. You can sponsor a fiancee or spouse, your children, your parents, or your fiancee or spouse's children or her parents through derivative sponsorship through a petition for alien relative. You can also petition for a brother or sister as well. Some are automatically qualified to adjust status to gain legal residency once your petition is approved, others are placed in a priority network in what is known as a preference status (preference 1-4). If you want help in any one of these areas, by all means contact me via e-mail or phone to set up a phone or in-person consultation. Best to you.
You cannot just sponsor "someone" but you can petition for qualifying relatives, such as children, spouse, brother/sister, parents.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
If by sponsor you mean bring them here to get a greencard, yes if they are relatives and fall into one of the following categories (spouse, child, parent, sibling). Additionally you sponsor an individual for employment. If however you mean just have some visit you for a period of time then you can send an invitation letter on their behalf when they are applying for a visa to come to the US.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
There are specific relatives that you can sponsor as a United States citizen. You can sponsor your wife, your parents, your children and your brothers and sisters. if you need assistance from an immigration attorney you can contact us.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
A citizen can sponsor a spouse. A citizen age 21 or over can sponsor a brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter.
    The question is who is this person? relative? employee? Generally speaking, the answer is yes. but the strategy depends on the relationship. You are more than welcome to give us a call for more details.