Can child support be terminated if both parents agree to it? 1 Answers as of August 26, 2017

I am currently in a relationship and would like to get married. Unfortunately, my partner has an obligation to child support. I would like to come to an agreement with his twin daughter's baby mother to terminate the child support order. Is this possible?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
The right of child support belongs to the child and not to the parents. At best, you might be able to reserve the support but even before the ink dried on that agreement, the biological mother could return to court asking for child support.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/26/2017
Click to View More Answers: