Can child support affect an immigrant for residency? 4 Answers as of January 06, 2011

My husband was voluntarily deported. He is currently out of the country. We have children together. I need Medicaid because I cannot afford any other insurance. Because my husband is absent from the house I must file for child support. My question is can child support affect my husband's chances of residency.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
You will have to show the ability to support him but the fact that you are not able to support yourself and any children without his income is also good evidence for a waiver case if he qualifies through his marriage to you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/6/2011
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
No it shouldn't affect any residency application.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/5/2011
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
Yes it will affect his application. This is one of the questions asked during the process.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 1/5/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
You need to file the petition and see what they say. Sitting here worrying does not change anything.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/5/2011
Click to View More Answers: