Can a child custody decision be reviewed after the courts have already decided? 1 Answers as of July 15, 2011

My friend's parents are divorced. He has a sister and they both hate their mother who has the custody (in it for the support payments) she neglects them and her girlfriend tells my friends mom that she should have aborted the kids. He is on the verge of grave actions. He confronted them and they laughed in his face. His mom has lied in the custody proceedings and both spend time at their dad's house to flee from her. His mom claims that her girlfriend is depressed and is not responsible for words or actions. What can be done to move custody to his dad. I will file an amici curiae if I must.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
John E. Kirchner, Attorney at Law
John E. Kirchner, Attorney at Law | John Kirchner
A judicially established Parenting Plan is always subject to review and modification until the child is emancipated. Whether modification will be approved depends on many factors that cannot be discussed in a simple internet posting. The primary responsibility and authority to seek a modification for the reasons you state lies with your friend's father. If he is unwilling or unable to seek modification, there is little anyone other than the child protective services division of DHS can do.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 7/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: