Can being in the military help me obtain US citizenship more quickly? 6 Answers as of January 17, 2011

I am currently serving in the US Navy and deployed to Afghanistan. I have done 4 years and this upcoming May I will reach my 5 year mark. I am due to separate in May. I am trying to expedite my citizenship paper work. The military is willing to help me out but it will take a bit longer, so that would require me to re-enlist. I am seeking help and guidance in this matter. Would your firm be able to help me obtain my citizenship before May. I have a clean and outstanding record in the military. I have served over seas for over 3 years now. I will be getting out with a honorable discharge. Please let me know if you can help me with my current situation and what the fees are. Thank you.

Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
You can file for naturalization 90 days before the five years of being a resident, which according to what you have said is February.
Our fees are $1805; we will need the data sheet attached. It is not reasonable to require you to re-enlist to get this done as you are eligible now for citizenship.
If you apply now, it is very possible! Please give us a call asap.
Law Office of Baoqin Wang
Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
Yes. Please send me a private email so that we can discuss the details.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
Military service should expedite your application. Especially if you are deployed.
    Yes it does. Generally, LPR in the military can apply for Naturalization after 3 years as a LPR. It also applies if you are honorable discharged after you apply. Moreover, there are expedited naturalization programs for activity duty military serving in a time of war that could shorten the process. Since you are currently in Afghanistan we cannot assist you, however, your JAG office, or legal services should be able to help you apply without having to reenlist.