Can the bank charge me fees that I am not liable for? Posted on August 12, 2011

So first of all I am on Social Security Disability and to be honest I don't like it but I can't get a job until I get settled into college. So about three months ago I went into a Chase bank for the purpose of switching from my mom’s rep payee account and putting my new check into an account that is just in my name, during this process I was told the account had several fees attached to it and the Personal Banker had decided to call Chase's Legal Department right in front of me to find out if I was liable, about twenty minutes later she hanged up and told me I was not in any way liable nor would chase go after me for it, instead they would charge it off. Two months later I started receiving strange phone calls from a Debt Collections company called ACI, LLC and they claimed that I owed them 250 dollars and it was sold to them by chase, I also found out chase had reported this to the credit bureau trans-union and so my score of 580 went down to 480 which also hurt getting the chase freedom credit card I was hoping for to help restore my credit that my mom has completely destroyed while managing my financial affairs. Also my aunt was a witness to the whole ordeal and I typed up and affidavit that I am planning on sending to the chase bank manager along with my own letter. Is there anything else I can do to fight this charge? Because I feel like I am being taken advantage of by everyone involved. Thanks