Can back child support affect an immigrant for residency? 1 Answers as of February 08, 2011

My fiance soon to be husband is divorced. His ex wife had a divorce in Mexico without him knowing and he had a divorce here. In each other the divorce papers child support was assigned, in Mexico and here in AZ. He was diligently paying his child support here in Arizona when his children were here. She then took the children to Mexico and after not having and communication with them or knowing of their whereabouts, he stopped paying. He wants to pay his child support in Mexico since that is where the children are. Now we want to get him his residency. Will this affect him getting his residency?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
It may not be a problem unless untruthfulness is involved in the course.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: