Can lawyer who is not based in the State of New Mexico process QDRO for person divorced in this state? Posted on April 24, 2011

I divorced 11 years ago . Qdro was NOT included in divorce papers, because these papers included special sort of division of 401 and retirement benefits . Six years later my ex took me to the court for "second divorce", won almost everything, and all special divisions were cancelled. I had 4 lawyers in this second case. Last lawyer, promised to do regular QDRO for me for no charge, and it was 2 years ago. Lawyer is not doing anything , does not answers my emails, I do not know place of work of my ex. I live abroad, divorce was in New Mexico. Regarding to divorce papers, and even the part which was not changed, I should get my part of 401 almost 4 years ago. My question is : Can lawyer who is not based in the State of New Mexico , process QDRO for person divorced in this state ? second, If yes, and I would hire a lawyer and give to him all my permissions by email, will be "my" lawyer obligated to provide all information to new person in charge? Is this good idea to hire someone over Internet, and how do I do it? I am sick, need money desperately, amount which I guess I should get, half of money accumulated before divorce (marriage almost 30 years long), should be about 30k . Please do not advice to talk to "my" lawyer, he is NOT working for my sake. I tried everything possible.