Can a attorney help with DUI probation violations? How? 7 Answers as of September 16, 2015

My son was sentenced to community service for missing several DUI classes. There is a disagreement about how many he actually missed. And he had viable excuses for missing several, because of family matters and overtime work. He still has not completed all of the community service because of work obligations. He has to go in front of a judge soon, can a lawyer please help clean this probation mess up?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Grantland, Blodgett, Shaw & Abel
Grantland, Blodgett, Shaw & Abel | Gregory M. Abel
YES! Contact a qualified DUII attorney.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 9/16/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
Absolutely. An attorney can appear without your son present, so it is less risky for him. The attorney can help get the extension that your son needs to minimal risk to him.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/16/2015
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Please help, as in you need referral, or please help in that you need some free help, for your son that has a job where he works overtime.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 9/16/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
Yes, most of likely a attorney representing them would be helpful. Family matters and overtime are generally not acceptable excuses for not completing a criminal sentence or missing appointments. He will have to get this probation mess straightened out and stay straight or he will most probably end up in a position where no excuse will be necessary given the fact he is in jail.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 9/16/2015
Ferguson & Ferguson
Ferguson & Ferguson | Randy W. Ferguson
What state and county are you in?
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 9/16/2015
    Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
    While a lawyer may help, your son can expect the worst!! He was likely warned about meeting the terms of sentencing. There is nothing that tops meeting these terms. That includes family matters. There is no viable reason for not completing his community service, even if he had overtime considerations. What the judge can do is place him on the work crew until his time is met. That's where a lawyer can help him.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 9/16/2015
    Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
    I know I help my clients in these situations. Each case is different. I would highly suggest your son get as much Community Service done as possible as some judges will give a day of jail for each hour of community service not completed.
    Answer Applies to: Colorado
    Replied: 9/16/2015
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!