Can a attorney help with DUI probation violations? How? 7 Answers as of September 16, 2015

My son was sentenced to community service for missing several DUI classes. There is a disagreement about how many he actually missed. And he had viable excuses for missing several, because of family matters and overtime work. He still has not completed all of the community service because of work obligations. He has to go in front of a judge soon, can a lawyer please help clean this probation mess up?

Grantland, Blodgett, Shaw & Abel
Grantland, Blodgett, Shaw & Abel | Gregory M. Abel
YES! Contact a qualified DUII attorney.
Absolutely. An attorney can appear without your son present, so it is less risky for him. The attorney can help get the extension that your son needs to minimal risk to him.
Please help, as in you need referral, or please help in that you need some free help, for your son that has a job where he works overtime.
Yes, most of likely a attorney representing them would be helpful. Family matters and overtime are generally not acceptable excuses for not completing a criminal sentence or missing appointments. He will have to get this probation mess straightened out and stay straight or he will most probably end up in a position where no excuse will be necessary given the fact he is in jail.
What state and county are you in?
    While a lawyer may help, your son can expect the worst!! He was likely warned about meeting the terms of sentencing. There is nothing that tops meeting these terms. That includes family matters. There is no viable reason for not completing his community service, even if he had overtime considerations. What the judge can do is place him on the work crew until his time is met. That's where a lawyer can help him.
    Connell-Savela
    Connell-Savela | Jason Savela
    I know I help my clients in these situations. Each case is different. I would highly suggest your son get as much Community Service done as possible as some judges will give a day of jail for each hour of community service not completed.