Can a lawyer help my detained boyfriend? 2 Answers as of August 26, 2010

I am a US citizen and I want to help out my boyfriend. He Entered Without Inspection and had illegal status. He is now being detained. This is his first time being caught trying to enter the US. Is there anything that I or a lawyer can do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
The short answer is maybe. I would have to ask you whether or how long he had lived in the U.S. illegally. Also, how many times had he crossed the border beside that one, and if he stayed away for a very long time. If he lived in the USA illegally, and then crossed and recrossed the USA-Mexican border, then he is ineligible to enter the USA, except under hardship conditions. If you want to know more of how this can be addressed, you may call or e-mail me. Best to you both.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/24/2010
Click to View More Answers: