Can the association deny me access to my building for not paying the fees? 4 Answers as of October 08, 2012

I live in an apartment building and I haven't paid my association fees for about 3 years. This week they cancel my access key to the building. Can the association do that?

Richard Johnson | Richard Johnson
It depends, you have to review the HOA by laws and see if they have a right of no entry clause. Also whether they have been to court or attached a lien is also relevant.
Check your condo by laws, but generally no, they can not deny you access without having done so properly through the legal system.
Victor Varga | Victor Varga
Depends on what it says in your HOA documents, but it does? It sound legal.
Law Office of Bijal Jani | Bijal Jani
Owning a property with a HOA is subject to a contractual relationship between the unit owners and the HOA. Unit owners paying the monthly fees is part of the obligation. If have not paid the monthly fees in 3 years, the HOA may be exercising its rights. You should review the Bylaws/Regulations for details on what the HOA can and cannot do.