Can anyone tell me where I can get my birth certificate so I can use this together with my passport to apply for a SSN? 1 Answers as of September 11, 2014

I am a US citizen born abroad though I lived basically my whole life in Europe. I never had dual citizenship, only US citizenship. I have got US passport stating this. So when I moved back in to the US, I thought I am alright well I am not. There is no SSN in my name and to require this I need my overseas birth records. Momentarily, I am stuck and everywhere I go they either give me the run around that I need two forms of ID. To require two forms of ID, you need two forms of ID so it's a catch. This shouldn't be rocket science. I am not the first American born abroad so there must be a way. I tried legal aid. US consulate in Europe can't help me either.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
You will need to contact the appropriate government agency in the country where you were born to request a certified copy of your birth certificate.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/11/2014
Click to View More Answers: