Can anyone force the child to go with the father and at what age does the court take the child's wishes into consideration? 1 Answers as of September 21, 2017

The child is 11 years old. The judge has recently changed the summer custody schedule, so that each week, the child is with a different parent, but the child does not like the new schedule and has adamantly expressed this to the father. Previous to 1 week on/off schedule, the child sees his/her dad every other weekend and at least 6 hours during the week (after school). The child is refusing to stay with the dad for an entire week. The mother has never prevented the father from seeing the child nor has she encouraged the child to refuse to see the father; it is the child who is not wanting the change in the custody schedule. The child has told the father that s/he does not want the change in the custody schedule and is adamantly refusing to go.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
You may want to consider the appointment of minors counsel for the child so child's perspective can be heard through counsel to the court.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/21/2017
Click to View More Answers: