Can anyone file an Affidavit of Support more than one time for an immigration visa? 1 Answers as of May 18, 2011

I am an unempolyed Greencard holder who filed an immigrant visa petition for my wife. My parents and my brother are US citizens and they are ready to help.But my parents filed an Affidavit support for me (1 year ago), and my brother filed for his wife (this year). So can they help me?. Can I find another persom who is a relative but not in my family?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Yes. Your parents or relatives or friends can file an I-864 AOS for your wife as well so long as they can show enough money on their returns to support your wife too. Any US or LPR relative or friend can help as well if their tax return will show a high enough income. What they have to do is calculate the number of people they are already supporting, then add your wife to the total and look up on Form I-864P what the US Government says is the right amount of income for that size family. Please go to to get the I-864P. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: