Can another state's CPS take my children away? 1 Answers as of June 08, 2011

Can a West Virginia CPS worker remove a child from a relative's home in Ohio without the parents' permission and without an Ohio judge's order to do so?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of James Lentz
Law Office of James Lentz | James Lentz
Wow...I hope this is hypothetical. I am of the opinion that a social service worker from another state on her own without a court order from this state (Ohio) could not remove a child from a home in Ohio. But, the interstate child support act makes it possible for another state to seek assistance in enforcing a removal order from Ohio. We use it often to assess child support ordered in another state against Ohio residents. There would need to be a hearing if not several hearings. But if this is a genuine concern, run today for a consultation with an Ohio lawyer about ensuring your rights. This is not something you would likely be able to fight on your own successfully.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 6/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: