Can an under age DUI revoke my permanent residentship? 4 Answers as of March 02, 2011

Can under age DUI revoke my permanent residentship? I hit a light pole while I was DUI. No one was injured in this accident. My BAC was 0.11%. What are some of the consequences I am facing for a DUI like mine, for under age DUI accident cases?

Legally speaking, DUI is a basis for revocation of permanent residency, but practically speaking it rarely if ever happens. The following are some of the consequences for a 1st time underage DUI:

A fine of $390 to $1000 with penalty assessment (multiplied by approximately 3-4 times), up to 6 months in jail, and attendance in a 3, 6, or 9 month alcohol program. As a result of the court conviction, the DMV will suspend your license for 1 year, but a critical need license may be applied for, but there is no guarantee that the DMV will grant your application. Additionally, you will receive 2 points on your driving record.

Consult a DUI specialist, who may be able to help you avoid some or all of these consequences.
Green carders dont risk deportation for most minor crimes. However, when charged with such a misdemeanor, you potentially face up to 6-12 months in jail and fines, suspension of license, etc. on each count. Effective plea-bargaining, using whatever legal defenses, facts and sympathies there may be, could possibly keep you out of jail/prison, or at least dramatically reduce it, depending upon all the facts and evidence. If you don't know how to do these things effectively, then hire an attorney that does, who will try to get a dismissal, diversion, reduction or other decent outcome through plea bargain for you, or take it to trial. If serious about doing so, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Ill be happy to help you use whatever defenses you may have. If you can't afford private counsel, you can apply for the Public Defender.
Law Office of Perez & Perez
Law Office of Perez & Perez | Roland B. Perez
While DUI is a serious crime, especially one with an accident, in this case with no one hurt, this shoud not revoke your Permanent Residentship, and no you should not be doing Jail time for this crime. It will help in having a DUI Attorney review the facts or a .11 BAC and try to get your case the best resolution. Under 21 DUI will have consequences with the DMV and a 1 year suspension on your driving, depends on how old you are or when your turn 21 as well. Feel Free to call to talk to me at Perez & Perez.
Generally speaking, first offense DUI's (without injury), by themselves, would not revoke your permanent residentship status. By law, the potential penalty for a first offense VC 23152 DUI can include heavy fines up to $1,000 plus penalty assessments, up to 6 months in jail, and up to a 9 month alcohol program, amoungst other potential penalties (plus restitution if you caused property damage). Based on what you posted below (no injuries), a DUI defense attorney should be able to minimize consequences of a DUI conviction, and potentially get the DUI charge dismissed depending various factors. I would highly recommend consulting a DUI Defense attorney to discuss your case in more detail.