Can an officer search my vehicle before having it towed from a business? 4 Answers as of January 12, 2015

I was never placed under arrest by the police station in question. However, my car, which was never involved in anything except having been parked at a business, was searched after I was displaced from where the truck was located by being driven home by the police (they took me home). So at this point, the only thing involving the truck in any shape or form was being parked at a business I was told doesn't allow public parking. Was it legal for the cops to search it?

I need to know more. Why did they stop you? Why did they drive you home?
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman | Ezra Goldman
Did they impound it? if so, they can search it.
VALENTE SCHARG & ASSOCIATES | DEAN VALENTE
Not sure you are telling the whole story but from what you've said sounds like the legitimacy of the search of vehicle is questionable. Lots of good arguments should be available to you. Hire a good local criminal attorney to defend you.
Generally yes.