Can an officer refuse to tell me why I was pulled over? 4 Answers as of May 19, 2014

So I got pulled over and I asked why. He said he would tell me when I gave him my information. I said tell me what I did and I will give you my information. He refused to tell me what I did then reached in my car trying to get my information so I said do not touch me and tried to close my window but he forced my window down. He then opened my door and tried getting me out of the car. That is when backup arrived and they arrested me for failure to comply. I had a video of all this and they deleted it.

Joel R. Salinger Attorney at Law
Joel R. Salinger Attorney at Law | Joel R. Salinger
You need an attorney. This is not the forum you want to discuss this.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
You behaved very badly. The officer does not have to tell you why you were stopped until much later in the encounter. Further, you are legally obligated to identify yourself and provide your license and registration. You are properly charged with failure to comply. Indeed, your misconduct is clear. You will be lucky to avoid a big fine and jail time for this mess which is your own fault. You need to hire a lawyer immediately.
Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
You have a legal obligation to comply with the officer's request to provide license, registration and insurance when pulled over. The right to drive is a privilege granted by the state not a constitutional right, so they are permitted to set conditions on that privilege. That doesn't mean the officer's behavior was appropriate. If you are interested in pursuing this, you need to get a copy of the video and bring it to a lawyer. Just because it's been deleted it doesn't mean it can't be recovered from your phone. There are many services that recover deleted files. Do it quickly though.
Rothstein Law PLLC
Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
The police don't have to tell you why they stopped you. That is what the ticket and/or arraignment in court is for. ?You made an error in judgment by failing to comply with the Police Officer. I suggest that you hire a good criminal defense lawyer.