Can an officer do anything about my license plate violation if he did not stop me? Posted on May 25, 2011

What happened was the day before I had gotten pulled over in the same area for a license plate violation and the officer said if he saw me again in the area he would write me up. So today I really needed to go back to the same area to do some shopping and on the way on the opposite side of the road going in the other direction I see an officer put on his brake lights and start to turn around. Now at this point I am probably a half a mile ahead of him, now his lights were not on. I just assume he is after me so I pull off behind a building and wait a couple of minutes till he passes. Now I am all nervous that it was the same officer from the other day, is there anything the officer can do even though he never actually verified I was the same driver from yesterday?