Can an Immigrant that has not been back to U.S for years enter again? Posted on June 28, 2011

Hi good day! I really need help regarding the status of my residence in U.S. I'm a U.S residence since 04/04/2001 and the green card will expire on 10/17/2011 an immigrant status. All of my family is in U.S.; they are already American citizens. I was not able to come back in U.S since November 2004 due to I have a Hold Departure Order issued. Until this year the case is closed and the hold order will be lifted next month. I really want to come back in U.S to be together with my family again and reside there. Will I still be able to use my permanent card to entry in U.S since it's not expired until 10/17/2011? Or if not, what would be the best way for me to do to re-entry in U.S? I would really appreciate your reply, thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: