Can an illegal immigrant join the military? 8 Answers as of June 02, 2013

I am an illegal immigrant. Is it possible for me to join the Marines?

King & Ballow
King & Ballow | Bruce E. Buchanan
This is a question best left to a recruiter. There have been programs in the past that have allowed illegal immigrants to join the military, but these are enacted from time to time by the individual branches of the services.
As far as I remember, it is not possible anymore but ask a recruiter for their policy.
Yes it is. Go see them at their recruitment offices and they will tell you what you need to do.
Joseph Law Firm
Joseph Law Firm | Jeff Joseph
No. You must have legal status to join the military. There are undocumented individuals serving in the military but they would have to have committed fraud on their enlistment forms in order to be accepted.
    All American Immigration
    All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
    Maybe through Special Ops, but generally, no, it is not possible. But don't just assume that you can trust me, or that I'm even right. Please get a second opinion.
    Immigration Attorneys, LLP | Robert R. Gard
    The short answer is no. It doesn't mean that a given branch of the armed services or a cooperative recruiter won't try to green light an enlistment where the person possesses valuable skills that are required by the military but the rules prohibit this. The military did have a program where they were accepting certain lawful non-immigrants but the Administration has not followed through on this program.