Can an HR rep forbid me from disclosing the nature of my job to my doctor? Posted on March 31, 2011

I fractured my foot on 1/24/11 and am still in the process of healing. After being threatened with mandatory overtime at work, I contacted my orthopedist and he wrote me a note asking them to not allow me to work more than 40 hours a week. I was already working 12 days in a row, and being asked to do 7 more days straight. After turning it in, I was called into the HR director's office and interrogated and bullied for 30 minutes. She stated that I needed a new note from my doctor that has a timeline for when I will be cleared from all restrictions within 48 hours. She then stated that I was not to disclose the nature of my job or the fact that I was being forced to do overtime to the doctor. She said that if she found out that I did, I would be terminated. Is it legal for her to contact my doctor and ask what I said to him? Can she forbid me from disclosing that information to my medical provider?