Can an H1B visa application be submitted immediately or does a sponsor have to wait? 2 Answers as of November 12, 2010

If an application can be submitted straight away by a sponsor or if the sponsor has to wait until April 1st for submission, I have read that the earliest one can begin working is October 2011. Is this true?

If your employer has already obtained labor certification, the initial temporary grant takes only about 3 weeks, then there are about 12-15,000 places still available. Go ahead and file now. If you have any further questions, or need help, feel free to call or e-mail, to set up an appointment for in-person or phone consultation. Best to you.
That is if the quota is already filled for the year. As it stands right now, the quota is not filled so an application can still be submitted and if approved, you can start working as soon as it is approved.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.