Can an ex-wife obtain child support after the child has turned 19? Posted on June 27, 2011

Hello, my stepson turned 19 in April 2011 & child support is being payroll deducted out of my husbands pay. His ex-wife says she "needs" the money to continue to take him to an out of network Dr for ADD. The child is covered on two insurance plans. Can she go after us for this money??? Please advise what is the procedure to stop this and do we have to pay? I thought it stopped at age 19 per law?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: