Can an ex-employer demand that over payment be returned? Posted on May 18, 2011

I was fired from my job last month; today I received a letter stating that they overpaid me. They state that I was overpaid $316.79 for regular earnings plus $141.90 of unpaid personal time, less 159.68 of PTO Buy Reimbursement and less $42.01 for a grand total of $257.00. My last paycheck was direct deposited into my checking and I never received a pay stub because they didn't distribute them we were to go into employee site and print it off if we needed it. As I'm no longer an employee I was unable to do this. Do they have the right to demand this money back? If yes, I'm still unemployed and don't have the funds to pay them back, what do I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: