Can an attorney override a court order? 1 Answers as of November 12, 2015

My ex and I have been in court for a child support modification for 24 months, Iwas finally awarded the full amount due (I was receiving half the new amount awarded in 2002) change in circumstances caused new amount. DHR sent new order to his employer, they paid the first new payment, but then his attorney sent his payroll a letter that it was under appeal and to only pay original amount (half). I was also awarded arrearage that was IWO to his employer. So instead of paying half - they are taking $0.00 from his check. Can his attorney override the Court order for the new full amount?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C.
Michael Anthony Wing, P.C. | Michael Anthony Wing
While the new order is on appeal, the last order would be in place pending resolution of the appeal of the new order.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 11/12/2015
Click to View More Answers: