Can an attorney hold my probate court paperwork hostage? 1 Answers as of May 26, 2016

My mom recently just passed and there was no will so I hired an attorney to handle probate and realized I was doing all the work and the information he sent me was wrong and or incorrect so I fired him and researched online and found the correct paperwork and filed and paid for everything my self. The Courts say since he never notified them he was no longer the attorney sent him the paperwork and he refuses to release them in till he gets payment. How can I get the court paperwork so I can put my mom's probate matter to rest and finally grieve her passing. Thank you for listening.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Goldsmith & Guymon
Goldsmith & Guymon | Dara Goldsmith
Sounds like you need to sit down and have another attorney review the court record. You state that you filed everything but that the attorney received the paperwork back from court. That does not make complete sense. Either you filed it pro se, by yourself, or you had counsel. If you cannot come to terms on fees and costs with your attorney I suggest contacting the State Bar Fee Dispute Committee 702 382 2200, to process for determination.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 5/26/2016
Click to View More Answers: