Can an attorney help me with my case if my baby died a wrongful death because of a drop side crib? 13 Answers as of June 23, 2015

I saw some states are banning these drop side cribs from being used. Can you help me with my case? My son died in a crib related death last year because he was caught between the mattress and side rail and died. His older brother saw the incident.

I am very sorry for your loss. Yes, a lawyer can help you with a wrongful death action, and I strongly suggest you consult a personal injury/products liability lawyer promptly. Statutes of limitation vary from state to state, so you should also check on that question. In some states the wrongful death statute states a priority as to who has the right to sue for a wrongful death. It could be the estate (which can be created for that purpose), a surviving parent, possibly others. So find a skilled lawyer soon. And I hope this tragedy will be the last you ever experience.
There is a good chance you could recover against the manufacturer of the crib. Talk to an attorney.
I have heard of these kinds of cases before. You need an experienced products-liability lawyer. Don't just pick one based on the size of the firm's advertising budget. Do a 'net search and find one who has specific experience in products liability. Maybe interview several before you decide who you like best.
Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C.
Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C. | Richard M. Levy
I would need to know a lot more but you should definitely consult with a good attorney.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C. | Russell Gregory
Your case is most likely pursuable. Yes, they?ve banned drop-down sides on cribs, for that very reason. But, even if your baby?s crib was made when those-type cribs were legal, it can be argued that the product was not fit for the intended purpose, because it contained the inherent hazard of that design. Under the Uniform Commercial Code (largely codified as law in Michigan), not only is the manufacturer of such a product liable, everyone in the chain of commerce for that purchase (for example, the seller to you) is liable. There are other potential claims, as well (e.g., the tort of negligent design). Bottom line: The matter needs to be fully discussed, to determine the best route for pursuit.
    Candiano Law Office
    Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
    Please discuss this terrible tragedy with personal injury attorney ASAP.
    Yes, Consult a lawyer familiar with products liability cases.
    You need to see some local attorneys who handle such cases [your other son also has a claim for emotional injuries for witnessing the death].
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm | Thomas Bulman
    Yes an attorney can help. I'm very sorry about such a horrible event. Loss of a child is the worst thing Life can dish out. Take time to heal before making any major decisions. Preserve the crib, mattress and any parts so the exact manufacturer can be verified. Depending on the manufacturer, the defect in their design may have already been analyzed by experts we may be able to find and hire. Do you have a coroner's report or autopsy report?
    Answer Applies to: Montana
    Yes, certainly you should have lawyer, and it should be someone who is experienced and aggressive.
    J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, P.A. | J.P. Gonzalez-Sirgo, Esq.
    My condolences to you and your family over this terrible tragedy. The type of case that you are referring to is a product liability or product defect case. Drop side cribs have a history of problems. I would need more information about the particular events of this incident and about the product.
    James M. Chandler | James M. Chandler
    I would strongly advise you to contact a personal injury attorney to advise you, Most do not charge to discuss injury cases.
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    Have you contacted anyone concerning the incident since it happened last year? It would be helpful to know whether you have had any communications with the manufacturer of the crib or anyone else that may have given you any information.