Can an attorney help make my immigration petition go faster? 7 Answers as of January 31, 2011

How long should I wait for my petition to be granted? My mother filed last December 2010. Can law firms help in making my petition faster?

An attorney can make sure all documents are filed completely and correctly the first time. Errors in the forms or submittal of incomplete supporting documents will delay your case. If your case is beyond normal processing times the attorney will know how to inquire to get it assigned to an adjudicator and processed as it should. Your facts don't indicate what category you are applying for? Is your Mom a U.S. citizen? Are you over or under 21? Are you married or not? If you are in a preference category and there is a backlog, an attorney has no power to change your place in line. If we can be of assistance you may contact me as indicated below and we will give you a quote on fees depending on what has been done, what has to be done and what type of case we are talking about.
Probably not, although some will try to convince you otherwise in order to collect a quite sizeable fee from you.
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
If your case is taking a long time to process, consider contacting your US Representative for assistance. Your attorney may make inquiries but this may not speed up the process.
Nobody is beyond the law. A great attorney can help you to avoid denial from USCIS so that you won't waste time and money on one petition. However, no lawyer has privilege over another citizen. Sounds like you just waited for 20 days. Be patient!
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
No they can't. They can help to make the simpler and less stressful for you but that's about it. Is your Mom a citizen and are you under 21.
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
    The petition who is properly filed with all correct supporting documentation should be adjudicated without any problems within a normal time frame. Attorneys usually know how to prepare good packages, so delays are less common. The USCIS will get to your package in time. If something is missing, the USCIS will send a request for Evidence. Such type of request cause delay. If your package was properly prepared, then it will adjudicated promptly. Good luck.
    Without knowing what country you were born in, your age, your marital status, whether your mother is a US Citizen or a Green Card holder I cannot determine how long you will have to wait for your Green Card. While a law firm can certainly help to ensure that your case is approved quickly, how long you will have to wait depends on your priority date (the date the petition was filed), your immigrant category, what country you are from.