Can an attorney get my property back? 2 Answers as of September 16, 2010

I am a landlord. I recently had a tenant steal several appliances out of one of my apartments. They lied and said that the appliances were not working and that they had to scrap them. I filed a claim with the police but they seemed to have disregarded it. Will an attorney be able to get my property back? I would prefer not to go to small claims.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nelson & Lawless
Nelson & Lawless | Terry Nelson
For damage claims up to $7500 the appropriate court is small claims. You can file in Limited Jurisdiction court if you chose and want to have an attorney. No one can get your property back, likely. You can try, but your claim is for replacement cost, and other damages you suffered.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/13/2010
Click to View More Answers: