Can a 31 year old non professional play football fo the AFL, UFL, or NFL? 3 Answers as of December 22, 2010

I am a 31yr old male looking to play pro football I have 4yrs of high school Football but attended a university that did not have the sport. Back then I was more focus on education but now I am ready to get back on the gridiron.

For the last two plus years I have been bodybuilding so I know I have strength, I am also training in speed, and different football techniques. At this stage in my life and my age what can I do if anything at all?

First this response is general information only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. However while it would be very difficult to get noticed by a sports agent or scout since you did not play in college, nevertheless there is no legal reason why you cannot contact sports agents and football teams seeking a tryout.This is not really a legal question it has to do with your ability as a player and whether you can get a team or agent or scout to notice your talent and give you a tryout. If this is your dream, I suggest trying your best so that even if not successful you will not regret it later in life because you will know you gave it your best try.
Law Office of Bert W Gieseman Jr
Law Office of Bert W Gieseman Jr | Albert W. Gieseman Jr.
Absolutely. If you can get a tryout and have the skills, you can play professional football. I am not familiar with the tryout system employed by pro football teams, but you should contact each team and find out when/if they hold open tryouts. Good luck.
LT Pepper Law
LT Pepper Law | Luke T. Pepper
I would hire a coach to put together a video to provide to scouting departments. This video should include you go through drills for the position you are looking to play. Legally, there is no age limit to play in the leagues mentioned.