Can a 11357c charged be expunged from ones record? 8 Answers as of June 11, 2013

So the original charges were much higher at the time, but were dropped. Thankfully, I have completely all terms of probation, and haven't served any jail time. What can be done about this since I am in college and looking to move on from this experience to graduate and complete a masters?

Yes, it is possible to get an 11357(c) expunged from your record. Contact me through my website to discuss in further detail.

I perform expungements for various types of criminal matters and can help you. Call me if you would like to discuss in further detail.
Yes, sounds like you are completely eligible for an expungement and that is the correct thing for you to pursue in your situation. I do them all the time. You can also do it yourself (you get the packet from the clerk's office) but it's obviously cleaner if you have an attorney help you.
The charge may be expunged. I would doubt that the fact of a conviction would prohibit your advanced education. There might be an issue re employment and licensing. You must disclose the conviction if the employer is a govermental agency or you are seeking a license [other than a driver's licence] from the state.
You can file a motion with the court to have the case expunged.
Law Offices of Lawrence Wolf
Law Offices of Lawrence Wolf | Lawrence Wolf
    Probably yes. General rules: Many felony and misdemeanor convictions [and now recently included are infractions] can sometimes be 'expunged' from criminal records by proper application and Petition to the court, but only if there was no prison time sentenced whether served or not, and if it was not for certain listed Sexual and Domestic Violence crimes, and if all terms of sentencing and at least one year of probation are completed, and if there are no new charges pending. If successful, the conviction would be retroactively reduced to a misdemeanor, if necessary, and then withdrawn and the charges dismissed. Expungement does not 'remove' or erase the conviction, but merely changes the record to show 'conviction reversed and dismissed by expungement'. When applying for a job in the private sector, you generally do not have to disclose a conviction if it was expunged. However, the conviction is still a 'prior' or 'strike' for purposes of repeat offense, and must be disclosed on any application for government and professional employment and licensing, bonding, security clearance, etc. The licensing agency and employer then can decide whether you are barred from licensing or employment because of the conviction. If youre serious about doing this, and you think you qualify under those rules, feel free to contact me for the legal help you'll need.
    Yes, it can. Since you have successfully completed probation, you can petition the court for expungement. Contact a defense attorney for more info on how to do this.
    The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman
    The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman | Gabriel Dorman
    Absolutely. Possession of more than an ounce of marijuana pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 11357(c) is a misdemeanor. So long as you have successfully completed the term(s) of your probation you should be able to have the conviction expunged pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4. I hope this answer was helpful. Good luck.