Beneficiary of a trust 4 Answers as of October 27, 2010

I am filling out a questionnaire and have this question. The question that I'm asking about is " List all other property transferred by the debtor within 10 years immediately preceding the commencement of this case to a self-settled trust or similar device of which the debtor is a beneficiary." I was my Mothers beneficiary of a trust that totaled around $200,000. This was 8 years ago and all has been spent on basic living expenses. Do I need to list this? If so, do I just put down personal property, adding that it has been spent? Thank you for your help.

Law Office of David P. Farrell
Law Office of David P. Farrell | David Farrell
It sounds like the question you are struggling with is asking what property you have transferred, not received. List all of your assets and debts in the petition, disclose everything. But if there is nothing left of the trust property there is nothing to list.
If you transferred money into your mothers trust in the past 10 years, then yes.
Sussman & Associates
Sussman & Associates | Mitchell Sussman
Include the information exactly as you described it in your email.