Aside from doing 240 hours of community service can you pay an extra fine instead? 8 Answers as of March 31, 2014

Just wondering instead of performing 240 hours of community service, if you can request another fine? (Didn't get charged with DUI).

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC
Law Office of Thomas A. Medford, Jr., PC | Thomas A. Medford, Jr.
That would be up toe the judge.
Answer Applies to: District of Columbia
Replied: 3/31/2014
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
YOU can.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 3/27/2014
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
Nope, but you can do jail.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/26/2014
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
Some Judges will allow you to buy out at $ 10.00 per hour. Discretion is with the Judge.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/25/2014
Austin Legal Services, PLC
Austin Legal Services, PLC | Jared Austin
You can request it but that doesn't mean the judge will do it. He may give you the option of community service or jail then what? I seriously doubt most judges would be inclined to let you buy your way out of community service.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 3/25/2014
    Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
    Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
    You can ask the judge. If the judge does convert to a fine, generally the conversion rate is $10.00/hour. Your fine would be $2400.00. If the judge agrees.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 3/25/2014
    Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
    You need to ask your lawyer. If you didn't hire a lawyer, you can add yourself to calendar and ask the Judge.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 3/25/2014
    Law Office of James E. Smith
    Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
    Have to file a motion to request that change.
    Answer Applies to: Nevada
    Replied: 3/25/2014
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!