As a wife, what kinds of rights do I have especially since the apartment office did not legally put me on the lease? 2 Answers as of February 28, 2014

My husband and I separated a few months ago. He got an apartment. Later we tried to work things out and got back together. I bought things for the apartment. My name was not on his lease so he and I went to the leasing office, introduced ourselves as husband and wife and told them I needed to be added to his lease. They said OK then gave me a credit application. I asked if I could fill it out at home and bring back the next day in which I did while my husband was at work. The manager went ahead and added me to the lease legally or at least I thought it was legal. I signed about 5 papers under each 1 of his signatures. Later on my husband and I separated again and his mistress was added to the lease. The apartment told me it was illegal how I was added to the lease. I told them that that wasn't my fault but it was theirs. Police was called and forced me off the property without getting any of my property. Well after I filed for divorce and a few months went by and my husband making a TREMENDOUS change, going through counseling, begging me back, etc. We got back together. We have been trying to get that woman (meant to mention she has a husband) off the lease although she has abandoned the apartment. I have spent so much of my money making the apartment nice, way before I was even kicked out. I have reported the apartment office to the BBB which I did & got no response/action from them. Also we have told the woman to sign the addendum to be taken off the lease. We want absolutely NOTHING from her just want to be rid of her. I'm afraid that if I show up at the apartment she may have already informed the office to call the police on me. She's extremely "trifling." I feel I have no rights as a wife.

Stuart P Gelberg
Stuart P Gelberg | Stuart P Gelberg
Ask a family law atty what your rights as a wife are. This is a landlord tenant site.
sounds like a good lawyer can help you get this done. good luck to you, it is really admirable that you can put this back together.