As his wife, can I legally obtain the results of the paternity as well as child support information on my husband? 2 Answers as of October 05, 2016

I found out my husband went to court for the paternity of a child one month after we were married. I had no prior knowledge of this before marriage. He informed me he wasn’t the father. Under the class code description it states, paternity-post adjudication. After having to file for Badgercare as he lost his job and with it the insurance and with my income not enough to cover everything, I was required to do an over the phone interview in which the lady told me he was listed as the father with $400 a month child support order.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
It appears that you already know the answers to the important parts of your question. The paternity test showed him as the father (always stated as a percentage probability, but it must have been high), and you have been told that the child support order is $400 per month. As to his concealing this from you, that of course is something the two of you must work out.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 10/5/2016
Petit & Dommershausen SC
Petit & Dommershausen SC | Tajara Dommershausen
If he has a child support obligation, he is the father. You can go to the clerk of courts and review the file as it is an open record. You will find the judgment which will indicated the court's finding of paternity.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 10/5/2016
Click to View More Answers: