As a creditor in a bankruptcy am I allowed present my side in the hearing? 4 Answers as of October 28, 2010

I asked a previous question and received an answer. Thank you. Need to know if, as a creditor in a bankruptcy hearing, I am allowed to present my side/case/relevant to the debt owed me. The individual contemplating bankruptcy is very slippery and considers himself as capable as any attorney do I get a chance to rebut something he might say, in effect to rebut a statement which is false?

Law Offices of Juan Dotson
Law Offices of Juan Dotson | Juan Dotson
If the debt owed is a substantial amount, you should consider hiring an attorney to assist you in recovering the debt. The attorney can assist you seek an order to deny its discharge.

As stated above, you may turn over your information to the trustee and see if the trustee investigates the debtor's alleged wrongdoing.
I am not sure what hearing you are referring to. If you are talking about the 341(a) meeting with the Trustee, that is not a place to rebut anything. If you believe the debtor has lied on their schedules filed with the court, you can file a complaint under 11 USC 727 seeking to deny their discharge. Or, you can simply provide your evidence to the Trustee in the case and see if they do anything with it.
You can only ask questions regarding assets.
Sussman & Associates
Sussman & Associates | Mitchell Sussman
You can ask questions at the 341a hearing, but if you want to contest the BK or the discharge of your debt you should hire an attorney.