Arrest resulted in injured officer, now I owe them money? 5 Answers as of July 10, 2013

I was arrested, and during the arrest officer's claim to have been injured. They city self-insures for Work Comp, and now they are billing me. Not only did they bill me, but they sent it to collections, tacked on a 10% fee to the total, and are charging me interest. They said they sent notice to my old address and that is all they are obliged to do. But how can they do that when the court, the police, and even Revenue and Recovery have my current address? I even make regular payments to Revenue and Recovery and yet the City is asking for payment in full, and they have added extra fees and interest already. What can I do? Will they consider making a deal for a portion of the total if I pay it all at one time? Thank you for your time.

Law Offices of Scott Tibbedeaux
Law Offices of Scott Tibbedeaux | Scott Tibbedeaux
The answer depends on which department or agency filed the original claim. That would determine who you would contact to inquire about your payments.
You either negotiate a payment plan or pay as demanded or fight it in court when they send it to collections and sue you.
Attorney at Law
Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
Not enough detail to respond.
Law Office of Stephen Pearcy
Law Office of Stephen Pearcy | Stephen Pearcy
Why are you even paying any of this? I wouldn't pay them a dime if I were you.
First of all, the fees is a civil matter that is completely separate from the criminal case in court. You should consider contesting the fees, because they often just give you a rediculous number and hope you are dumb enough to just send them a check.