Are we still getting money like the will says and why is it taking her close to 10 months to get this done? 2 Answers as of August 19, 2015

My dad passed in October and left all 9 kids $5,000 each. My sister is the executor and refuses to respond to us. We never got copies of the new will. I went to the court and got a copy. Now it’s showing that there are new copies filed since the time I went and got them like inventory, affidavit of publications, declaration and waiver of notice of information.

James Oberholtzer, Attorney at Law
James Oberholtzer, Attorney at Law | James Oberholtzer
10 months is not too long. After 12 months, the executor has to file an accounting which is a lot of work. Often that prompts the closing of the estate. Check when the claims notice was filed. See when the claims period ends. You can write a letter to you sister asking your questions and asking what is holding the estate open. Send it certified mail, return receipt requested. If she does not respond send a copy to the Judge.
Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C.
Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C. | Brian Haggerty
Waiver of Notice of Information? That makes no sense. The rest of it is the standard process of probate; the inventory gives a baseline for the estate's accounting. Probate in Oregon has to take at least four months (time required to allow for claims to be submitted). Usually is there's a house to be sold that takes time; some other matters can easily add time to the process. If the Inventory looks right to you, there's probably no problem.