Are there statute of limitations for my traffic violations warrants in North Carolina? 4 Answers as of January 21, 2011

I did not show up for my court dates about four years ago, and now I think there may be a warrant for my arrest here. The court dates were to make account for several speeding tickets and parking tickets I did not pay for. Is this going to cost me a lot to fix? I have stayed out of trouble since then and I try not to drive.

Clifford Clendenin & O'Hale, LLP
Clifford Clendenin & O'Hale, LLP | Locke T. Clifford
Once a citation or warrant has been issued, there is no statute of limitations. In Guilford County, NC, you will likely have to pay a $200.00 Failure to Appear fee on top of any other fee and court costs. The total amount it will cost will include the cost of court, the failure to appear fee and any imposed fin, but ultimately it will depend on the type of charge on which you failed to appear.
RTS Law Group
RTS Law Group | Ryan T. Smith
Your speeding tickets are likely still on your driving record, showing you did not come to court. Whether there is an order for your arrest is determined by the county where you received the ticket. Once they are issued, they will likely stay on there indefinitely. Therefore, you license is more than likely revoked. The cost of fixing this problem can be determined after an attorney examines your driving record.