Are there any protections if someone signed out of a deal 6 days before? Posted on July 28, 2011

I live in TX, but own a home in Macon, GA. I had a potential tenant that was supposed to move in to my home August 1, 2011. Since I live in another state we have done most of our communication via phone and mail. I sent her a lease in the mail June 28. July 13 she texted me and said that she had signed and sent the lease in the mail. I never received it, or any deposits, and they just disappeared. As soon as I realized that I had not received the lease I tried to contact her, and she will not respond. They are however having their mail sent to my GA home. They vanished 6 days before they were suppose to take possession of my home. This has created a HUGE financial problem for me. I will now have to empty my savings and get a second job just to pay my mortgage and my bills in TX. Are there any laws in GA that protect me, or is there some type of civil suit that I can bring against them even though I have no signed lease or transaction of funds?