Are there any attorneys who can assist with writing a demand letter for post surgical nerve/muscle damages? 8 Answers as of April 18, 2014

I need to write a demand letter pertaining to permanent nerve and muscle damages sustained after a cosmetic surgery procedure.

The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C. | Russell Gregory
I can understand your thought to initiate with a demand letter. I can tell you, though, as a medical malpractice attorney of nearly 30 years, that won't do anything. There's a litany of formality that is followed, almost always resulting in litigation (assuming the claim is found to be pursuable). Expert physician support is required, a Notice of Intent to File Claim must be served, etc. Attempts to veer from this typically just waste time off the already-short 2-year statute of limitations. Really, a medical malpractice attorney needs to investigate this, now. It does seem to be worth investigating.
Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
Yes, I know some excellent lawyers who specialize on writing demand letters and starting claims.
Go to your local bar association and ask for a medical malpractice attorney referral.
You realize that you would have to pay for such a letter, don't you? If you are claiming that there was medical malpractice, you will need a doctor who, upon examining you, would testify that the nerve and muscle damages were due to malpractice, and were not foreseeable consequences of a properly performed procedure.
You are jumping the gun on liability. It takes the opinion of a medical expert to make that call. Medical malpractice lawyers typically have such experts available. Consider consulting one.
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    Your letter would depend on the specifics of the procedure in your case and the damages sustained as a result of the procedure. Have you been able to obtain copies of the medical records?
    No. No one is going to pay any attention to a demand letter no matter who writes it. If a lawyer writes it and sends it on official letterhead, the reaction would be: "If you think you have a case, go ahead and file a lawsuit". If a lawyer "ghost writes" a letter for you and you sign it, the reaction will be: "What do we care about this letter, it isn't even from a lawyer". Finally, I can't imagine any lawyer with an ounce of self-respect would enter into such a scheme, regardless of fee.
    Lombardi Law Firm
    Lombardi Law Firm | Steve Lombardi
    I'm sure any lawyer who practices personal injury could write a demand letter. But they may not be willing to do it for ethical and business reasons.
    Answer Applies to: Iowa