Are the police allowed to question my 15 year old son without a parent? 4 Answers as of July 30, 2014

This depends on all the circumstances. I would need to know more.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C.
Elhart & Horvath, P.C. | Mattias Johnson
In all likelihood, the answer is yes. There is no state or federal law which prohibits the police from questioning a minor without a parent present. There may be certain procedural issues with how the questions were asked and where the questions were asked which may allow you to suppress any information that was gleaned in the questioning. You should consider contacting an attorney depending on the information sought in the questioning.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
It all depends on their reason. If son involved in a crime, they generally do. If he is a witness and the crime just occurred or shortly after, generally yes. If the police come to your home asking to speak with your son, you should remain present. If criminal involvement, your son has the same rights as anyone. Unfortunately, young people will talk and generally are pushed through the system.
Yes they can. Otherwise, it would be impossible to investigate allegations of abuse or neglect.