Are phone records enough to prove adultery? 15 Answers as of January 03, 2014

I have seven months of phone records of voice and text messages where we were in daily contact. I do not have any written conversations however. Will the phone records be enough for proof of adultery?

The Law Firm of Jessica M. Cotter, P.L.L.C. | Jessica M. Cotter
In Arizona, and most states I would think, since the grounds for a dissolution are that the marriage is irretrievably broken, with no prospect of reconciliation, the court may not be that concerned with whether or not you have evidence of adultery. You should consult with an experienced family law attorney in your area to assist you with these questions.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
In Michigan adultery does not matter .. its a no-fault divorce state and you can get a divorce for no reason at all.
Eric Johnson
Eric Johnson | Eric Johnson
Probably not.
California does not have fault divorce. This is a no-fault state and it is not necessary to prove fault or adultery.
The Law Offices of Tres A. Porter | Tres A. Porter
Not really. What is more important is what would you hope to gain? California is a no fault divorce state. Adultery by either party makes absolutely no difference from a legal standpoint so I am unsure as to why you want to "prove" adultery. You should consult with a family law attorney in your area as soon as possible.
    If you say things in the texts that indicate a physical relationship, yes, they will prove adultery.
    Kirby G. Moss PC | Kirby G. Moss
    Indiana is a no-fault divorce state so proof of adultery isn't going to help in the divorce matter, unless custody an issue and the conduct is somehow relevant to the child(ren).
    Milligan, Beswick, Levine, & Knox LLP
    Milligan, Beswick, Levine, & Knox LLP | Stephen P Levine
    In California you do not have to prove anything to get a Divorce so what is the point of proving adultery
    Attorney at Law
    Attorney at Law | Frances An
    California is a no fault state, so no one cares about the adultery.
    David A. Browde, P.C.
    David A. Browde, P.C. | David Browde
    Not unless they are recordings.
    Family Law & Mediation Services, LLC | Carol Jean Romine
    This is a "no-fault" state - there is no reason to prove adultery. On the other hand, if you have proof that your spouse spent a significant amount of money on a third party (regardless of the relationship), the court could find that to be a dissipation of a marital asset and order him to reimburse you for half.